Amadine for macOS Release Notes
To update, use Check for Updates option under Amadine menu.
Users of the Mac App Store version: update in the Store.
What's new in Amadine v1.1.1
- Amadine now runs natively on Apple Silicon M1 chip.
- The Duplicate command now inserts the copy directly over the original shape, without an offset.
- Minor interface tweaks for macOS 11 Big Sur.
What's new in Amadine v1.1
- New feature: The Simplify tool for removing unnecessary anchor points without significantly affecting the original path.
- Fixed an issue where the Edit > Transformations menu commands would not apply when the entire text was selected in a text box.
- Fixed a problem where Shift and Option keys pressed together would not work properly when resizing shapes.
- Minor internal improvements.
What's new in Amadine v1.0.9
- New feature: The Select > Same menu commands can be used to select objects with similar properties—stroke, fill color and other.
- Texts no longer disappear after expanding imported PDFs.
- Improves the way the Expand operation is applied to texts that have stoke, fill or other effects.
- It is now possible to lock/unlock, show/hide selected elements in the Layers panel using the context menu.
- Some usability improvements in the Layers panel.
- Arrow keys now always apply to objects selected on the canvas, they can no longer be used to navigate the Inspector.
- Fixes an issue where text filled with an image would display incorrectly after changing alignment.
- Fixes a number of bugs where shapes filled with PDF images display incorrectly.
- Fixes crashes when drawing short lines using a graphic tablet.
- Fixes some issues where text could display incorrectly when opening a documents.
What's new in Amadine v1.0.8
- A new text editing engine is now used instead of Apple’s standard editor.
- Raster images and gradient fills are now preserved after expanding imported PDFs.
- Improved rendering for Shadow and Glow effects.
- Text pasted from the Clipboard becomes a regular text instead of scalable text.
- Objects on hidden layers are no longer displayed in the Outline View.
- Fixed a crash happening after selecting certain fonts.
- The Path Width tool now works correctly with the endpoints of a path.
- Other minor fixes and enhancements.
What's new in Amadine v1.0.7
- Fixed a number of rendering problems arising after the Expand operation.
- When exporting to PDF, the Inner Shadow effect is now clipped by the shape’s outline correctly.
- The Esc key can now be used to exit the Isolation Mode.
- Fixed a problem with rotating shapes using the Transform operation.
- Fixed a bug where shapes would change their order after the Knife tool.
- By holding down the Option key, it’s now possible to cut along a straight line with the Knife tool.
- Fixed a bug with path segments missing after expanding imported EPS graphics.
- Tool mode buttons on the Control bar now work correctly in the Full Screen mode.
- Raster effects DPI settings now apply correctly when exporting documents to vector formats.
- Text alignment now works properly for distortable text with two or more lines.
What's new in Amadine v1.0.6
- Fixed the problem with changing colors in the Gradient tool.
- The Transparent Background option in PNG and TIFF export now works correctly.
- The Eyedropper tools now works properly with objects inside groups.
- Improved import from SVG and export to EPS.
What's new in Amadine v1.0.5
- Improvements in SVG import and export.
- Fixes a bug with the Make Compound Path command not working.
- Fixes export of sheets in the Mac App Store version.
What's new in Amadine v1.0.4
- Resolves a problem with the Color Picker not working properly.
- Addresses an issue where the text could draw incorrectly in the text editing mode.
What's new in Amadine v1.0.3
- When opening a document, the program now restores its latest zoom and canvas position.
- EPS files can be imported as editable vector images.
- The Effects Quality setting in the Document Settings can be used to adjust on-screen drawing quality for better performance.
- The Sheets panel now displays sheet numbers along with their names.
- Exporting of multi-sheet documents has been improved.
- The arrowhead sizes can be adjusted in a wider range.
- Invisible shapes and layers are no longer included into PDF export.
What's new in Amadine v1.0.2
- The Eraser, Scissors and Knife tool can be used with the Shift key for erasing/cutting in a straight line.
- It is now possible to change an anchor from Corner to Smooth by double-clicking on it.
- Changes in the Sheets panel: Double-click a sheet's name to change it, or next to the name to switch to that sheet.
- Changes in the Layers panel: Double-click a name to change it, or next to the name to show the shape on the canvas.
- The behavior of sliders has been improved.
- Snapping can be temporarily disabled by holding down the Cmd key when moving a shape.
- When exporting a document, the document’s name is now used instead of “Untitled”.
- Holding down the Shift key now increases or decreases a stepper’s value by 10.
- It is now possible to exit the application using Cmd+Q with the Welcome Window open.
- The SVG Fill option has been removed from Image Fill options as redundant.
- Changing stroke width with [ and ] keys now works in all drawing tools (Pen, Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Ellipse, Polygon, Star, Line, Arc).
- Newly added sheets are now centered in the window.
- In the Sheets tool, the selected sheet can be moved with the arrow keys.
- When exporting to TIFF and PNG, it is possible to choose between the transparent or white background.
- When importing from SVG, the image would shift with respect to the canvas – this has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the currently selected tool would reset to Move after switching to another application with the Cmd+Tab shortcut.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect closing of a path with the Modify > Path > Close command.
- Fixed a number of bugs related to exporting and Expand operations.
What's new in Amadine v1.0.1
- Touch Bar controls for the Arc tool have been added.
- Redesigned Touch Bar controls for the Star and Polygon tools.
- Constrained movement with Shift now uses 45 degree increments instead of 15 degree.
- Fixes some memory leaks.
- Fixes a problem where changing a slider on the Touch Bar would not update the cursor respectively.
- Other bug fixes and usability improvement.