Drawing with the Pen Tool
Learn the basics of drawing complicated paths using the Pen tool and a little dinosaur sample. To follow along the lesson, download the sample document here:
In this tutorial you will trace some parts of the dinosaur and learn how to:
- create points and join them
- undo your previous action
- close the path, which makes it a shape of a free form
- change the fill color of the closed path
- make curved paths and control its curvature with the direction lines
- convert the point into a corner point
- split the direction lines and give a path an alternative direction
- convert a corner point into a smooth point.
With a little practice, you will be able to create objects of any shape.
To consolidate your knowledge, practice in the sample document and retrace the little dinosaur.