Changing Object's Shape
Introduction to the Object Shape Transformation
The following methods can be used to modify objects:
- Resize or rotate using the bound box
- Editing tools: the most powerful, but, at the same time, the most labor-consuming way
- Smart shape-specific methods: easy-to-use, they apply pre-programmed object transformations
- Rounding of the object's corners
- Transform panel: gathers the resize, rotation and other tools in one place
- Free Transform tool: lets you distort an object
- Combine objects
- Apply clipping mask
- Fusion tool: lets you create a new object from several others
In this chapter, we are going to learn about special tools that help you change the shape of objects, such as the Transform panel and Free Transform tool. Others are described in the dedicated chapters.
Combining objects as well as applying a clipping mask change the visual representation of objects. At the same time, these methods provide you certain access to the original objects.